Thursday, April 8, 2010

The One that Started It All

Macaroons from Pierre Herme, Paris

     My brother's sweet girlfriend brought these lovelies back from London. While they had to endure a 7 hour flight, they tasted marvelous to me.
The lemon in particular was my favourite.  There was even a
wasabi-strawberry flavoured one, which surprisingly tasted very good.

     I have always loved sweets and desserts, especially ones that look like little works of art or ones that look like heaven and make you squeal with delight when you see them -the MACAROON is no exception. There's something about seeing macaroons all lined up in their pretty little rows... their colours, their shape.  Even with their descriptions, you'll never know what each macaroon tastes like until you take that first little bite.
Some are not what you expected, some are not very good at all, but some, hopefully more
often than not, make you forget instantly about everything around you allowing you
to concentrate only on the texture and flavours that arose your tongue.

     And so, now, all that is left of our Pierre Herme macaroons is the pretty blue box they arrived in. I am left with no choice but to start a mission. As the name of my blog suggests, I am on a hunt for macaroons!

     While it may seem a little silly and obsessive to create and maintain an entire blog
on macaroons, I on the other hand am very very serious.
Hopefully, this blog will be able to serve other, perhaps more meaningful, purposes.
I'll start with my search for more macaroons, and I'll see where this leads...








No comments:

Post a Comment